Real Estate / Personal Property Bills
Four Ways to Pay
- Online: We highly suggest this option if you would like a receipt.
(Fees associated with online payments are 50 cents for e-checks, and 2.95% for credit card payments. Fees are paid to the service provider.)
- Drop Box Attached to the Town Hall: This box is checked throughout the day by a staff member in the Collector's Office. No cash payments are accepted through this box.
- In Person: Payments can be made in person in the Treasurer / Collector's Office.
- By Mail: Town of Plainville, P.O. Box 1795, Plainville, MA 02762
Please enclose the coupon(s) with your check and reference your bill number or map and parcel on your check to ensure proper credit. Bills not paid by the due date will be charged interest at the rate of 14% per annum as per State Law.
Please Note: For bills paid by online bank payments, please include your account number. Thank you for your cooperation.
Fiscal Year 2023 Tax Rate
- $12.48 per thousand Residential
- $18.33 per thousand Commercial
If you have recently re-financed your mortgage and a payment was made at the closing, please double-check that the payment was enough to cover the total tax due. If not, you are responsible to pay the remaining balance. If you are a new owner and purchased your property after January 1, 2022, your name will not appear on the first line of the tax bill because you are not considered the record owner. Your name will appear on the second line as the care of the owner. This indicates the Assessors know there has been a change of ownership after the January 1st record date. Your name will appear as the record owner for the next fiscal year.
- All questions regarding the valuation of your property should be addressed to the Assessors Office at 508-576-8431
- All questions concerning water liens and sewer liens should be addressed to the Water & Sewer Department at 508-695-6871
- All questions about the payment of the tax should be addressed to the Treasurer / Tax Collector's Office at 508-576-8442
Real Estate Tax Bills are only sent to the homeowner. If you escrow your taxes, you can contact your mortgage company to find out if you should forward your bill to them.
Municipal Lien Certificate Cost: $50 for residential and commercial properties.
Treasurer / Tax Collector
190 South Street
Plainville, MA 02762
190 South Street Plainville MA 02762
P.O. Box 1795
Plainville, MA 02762
Phone: 508-695-3010Fax: 508-695-1857
Monday: 8 am to 7:30 pm
Tuesday through Thursday: 8 am to 4:30 pm